Monday, March 8, 2010

March 4th, 2010



Greetings from Bolivia’s lowlands! My name is Ashley Linford and I am currently in Montero, Bolivia working as a volunteer for CISNE Bolivia, the in-country extension of SWAN. In the coming weeks, I will be sharing my experiences with the important work that CISNE is doing for the women of Bolivia. As a recent graduate in International Studies from Utah State University, I have a deep interest in improving the lives of women across the globe, particularly in the realm of micro-credit. CISNE has been focusing on small loans with business education for women in the region as well as projects that improve nutrition through soy and provide shoes for youth. After arriving at the Sanchez residence during a hot and humid morning in Montero, Bolivia, I settled into the work with Sonia Ibanez Roca, the Directora General de CISNE. When the sun doesn’t force us into the shade, we walk the streets and talk with the women that make Montero beautiful. I look forward to sharing the wonderful success of Sonia and all those that help CISNE improve the livelihoods of women in Bolivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment